Thursday, June 30, 2011

How To Be A Great Song And Dance Man Of History

When I say the words "song and dance," I do not mean performance, I mean what all honest philosophers, pundits, and people have been saying throughout history. It is a big song and dance in comparison with the reality of what people have been doing throughout said history of the world. What I mean is, reality does not line up with the song and dance routines that have been done throughout history for honesty, reality and reason. What I mean is Jesus, the Buddha, Mohammed, Lao Tzu, Confucious, Socrates, Aristotle, Augustine, Rand, Aquinas, Plato, Spinoza, Hegel, myself included and all the rest of them. We are all just song and dance men who say one thing about honesty and living better lives, but humanity practices another thing altogether in the form of wars, disagreements, dishonesty, and things just get worse and worse. Indeed, we all are just song and dance men until humanity can practice a better way. "Honesty" throughout history has been the right hand operator friend of "it does not work and is not realistic but it sounds good in theory, but due to certain shortcomings, it will not work in practice."

So, Bob Dylan in an interview, once said, "I am a song and dance man along with all the rest of them." With the paragraph above, I am delineating exactly what he meant by that statement. I mean the same thing. Why do I put this under "Arts and Entertainment: Philosophy," because this article is the ultimate song and dance, like Richard Gere playing the dancing lawyer in the movie version of "Chicago". We can all dance and be silly until we dance our way out of it, "it" meaning, the real meaning of reality, but we pay a great price for that. We pay by skipping over things we need to deal with.

So, I repeat, in my mind we are all just good sounding song and dance men until humanity can be evolved enough to put it all into practice. Sweat, sing and dance are the words that come to mind, like James Brown doing his dancing until everybody is in the heat of sweat and excitement entertained out of their troubles for a few minutes. Sure, I can dance around reality with the best of them, and sing a good song with the best of them. But ultimately it does all come down to how sane you are enough to sing and dance with us instead of sit in the audience and go, "Wow, he has got some song and dance routine. Is that for real?" I have to say that my song and dance is real, otherwise I would not be doing it and doing it consistently. So, am I just a song and dance man? No. But, until there is something better humanity can do than the great song and dance, that is what I am with every other conscious master. I am a big time song and dance man along with all the rest of them.

My name is Joshua Clayton, I am a freelance writer based in Inglewood, California. I also write under a few pen-names and aliases, but Joshua Clayton is my real name, and I write by that for the most part now. I am a philosophical writer and objective thinker and honest action taker. I also work at a senior center in Gardena, California as my day job, among other things, but primarily I am a writer.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment